Monday, November 12, 2012

ID

I'm learning a lot about myself recently. I'm learning I'm more of a hypocrite than I thought I was, I'm learning that I'm more self-centered, I'm learning that i have self-identity issues, I'm learning that I'm in desperate need of my savior once more.
I realize that this list seems a bit depressing. But I think it represents progress! After all, 'the first step in fixing a problem is realizing you have one.' So, I'm going to dig into these and see if we can fix them. Starting with my self-identity issues.
I've started to notice that things that the things I have been filling my life with recently I have looked to to give my life meaning. Meaning in work, school, church. All of those seem noble, even church! But even the building will pass away eventually.
I'm tired of this meaningless life! I want to grab hold of Jesus and hold on for life. I'm a little scarred though. I've lived for the wrong things for so long, I'm not sure my fingers know how to let go...

No comments:

Post a Comment